Manuel Pellegrini and Real Betis remain keen on bringing Antony back to Andalusia following his successful loan spell last season.
Manchester United winger Antony faces an uncertain future this summer with his exit from Old Trafford looking increasingly likely. However, his destination is far from settled at this point of time. Despite his impressive loan spell at Real Betis earlier this year, the Brazilian’s next move is still not clear.
United boss Ruben Amorim has made it clear that Antony does not feature in his plans for the 2025/26 season as he looks to reshape his squad. United are keen to cash in on the 25-year-old this summer, but finding the right buyer has proven complicated.
Manuel Pellegrini and Real Betis remain keen on bringing Antony back to Andalusia following his successful loan spell last season. Antony scored nine goals and provided five assists in 26 games while on loan at Betis in the second half of last season.
However, an outright purchase has been deemed too expensive by the Spanish club. Talks are ongoing between the two clubs, with United open to the possibility of another loan deal, provided it includes a mandatory purchase clause in 2026. United are also considering inserting a sell-on clause, should Betis secure his permanent transfer.
Elsewhere, interest in Antony has cooled. Despite former United boss Erik ten Hag now in charge at Bayer Leverkusen, the Dutchman has publicly ruled out a reunion with his former Ajax star. Ten Hag said,
“Antony has a lot of quality. I signed him twice, he was like a son to me and still is. We’re not interested in him at the moment, but we’ll see what happens in the future.”
🚨⚠️ Erik ten Hag on Antony and Bayer Leverkusen links: “He has great quality. I signed him twice. He was like a son to me, he still is a son to me”.
— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) July 17, 2025
“We're not interested in him at the moment, but we'll see what happens in the future”, told BILD. pic.twitter.com/MrAnID66vZ
With the summer transfer window ticking on, Antony’s future remains unresolved. Notably, Atletico Madrid, Juventus, Brighton, Newcastle, and RB Leipzig have all been linked in recent months, but no concrete offers have materialised for the Brazilian star. Manchester United currently value Antony at around £50 million ($67m). There were reports earlier in the summer that the Red Devils were prepared to drop their asking price to between £20-30 million ($27m-$40m) to facilitate a sale. However, United remain confident that Antony’s performances at Betis will help secure a significant fee.
soccer I am a soccer writer at The PlayOffs, covering everything from match analysis to transfer buzz and tactical deep dives. Ever since I was a kid, soccer has been more than just a sport to me—it’s been an obsession. Playing and watching the game from a young age fueled my passion, eventually leading me into the world of sports media and betting. Now, I get to analyze the sport I love and bring the latest updates to fans worldwide.
Read moreThe best part of my job is staying as close as possible to the beautiful game. From the intensity of matchdays to the drama of the transfer market, every moment keeps me hooked.
To all the readers out there — soccer is unpredictable, chaotic, and often heartbreaking just like our lives. But that’s what makes it beautiful. So, buckle up and enjoy the ride.
We use cookies for ads and to improve your experience. By continuing on the site, you agree to our Privacy Policy. Read more about it